Taco seasoning is a pantry staple. If you are trying to cultivate and maintain a lifestyle of clean eating, then the typical packages of taco seasoning won’t do. Mix up a batch of my wholesome seasoning and store it in an airtight container. You can double and triple the recipe.
*Note the optional, yummy, ingredients add just before serving.
- 2 Tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- (OPTIONAL) 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of coconut sugar
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and add to ground meat or shredded chicken. Then add the optional ingredients.