All it takes is a simple recipe to get you going down the path to non-toxic living. Here is my basic countertop spray; it’s a great place to start your healthy living journey. Incorporating all-natural cleaners into your home management routine serves two highly valuable purposes:
- You practice stewardship, something we should all be doing with a passion.
- You create a chemical-free environment for your tribe.
It is a win-win situation. Gather your supplies, solicit the help of your kids
- 1/2 cups of hot water
- 2/3 cups of distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of lavender essential oil
- 1/4 tsp of eucalyptus essential oil
- 3 drops of tea tree or rosemary essential oil
- With a funnel or measuring cup with a pour spout, combine the vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Shake vigorously. Add the essential oils directly in the spray bottle. Store out of direct sunlight. Spray as needed and wipe with microfiber cloth.
Add a Sprig to Your All-Naural Countertop Spray:
In the summer when my herb garden is in full bloom, I pluck stems of fresh rosemary, thyme, lemon balm, and lavender to add to my countertop spray recipe. In a saucepan, combine 2 1⁄2 cups of water and a handful of the herb of your choice. Them toss in a few slices of fresh lemon. On medium heat, let herbs and lemon brew in the water for 5 minutes (do not boil). After 5 minutes, turn off heat, then allow the mixture to completely cool.
Have fun by changing up the recipe with whatever herb is in season.